Netapp storage online training Course Content
- What is a Server?
- Types of Server?
- Why we need a server?
- What are components of server?
- How servers differ from a workstation?
- Different Vendors of Servers?
- What’s network?
- How a real time network will be?
- Why is data growing so large and what’s the solution for it?
- What’s structured and unstructured data?
- WHAT IS SAN?
- SAN VS STORAGE
- WHATS STORAGE?
- STORAGE TYPES: DAS, SAN, NAS
- PROTOCOLS USED IN STORAGE: SCSI, FC, ISCSI.
- FC Layers
- Disk-to-disk backup Vs. Tape backup
- DRIVE TYPES: SATA, SCSI, SAS, FC, EFD
- RAID LEVELS, RAID 1/0 (3+3), RAID5 (4+1), RAID6 (6+2), SAME DISK USAGE
- SAN COMPONENTS: Storage Devices, Fabrics, HBAs, Transceivers
- SAN Jargons: WWN, WWN Starts with, LUN, LUNID, INITIATOR, TARGET, ZONE
- SAN-HOST CONNECTIVTY EXPLANATION
- SAN TOPOLOGY: Mesh, Core-Edge
- RACK, U-Size, Network and Power connectivity, EXPANDING DAEs
- SAN VENDORS: EMC, NETAPP, HP, HDS, IBM
- FABRIC VENDORS: BROCADE, CISCO, McDATA
- EMC CLARiiON Overview and EMC VNX
- EMC CLARiiON and VNX MODELS
- EMC CLARiiON & VNX Arch and HW Components (CONTROLLERS, SPS, SPE, DAE, LOOP)
- BE and FE PORTS
- UNDERSTANDING LOOP CONNECTIONS
- MANAGEMENT PORTS on SP-A and SP-B.
- POWER MANAGEMENT and SPE, DAE power connections
- INTRO to POWERLINK
- INTRO to NOW – netapp
- VAULT DRIVES
- FLARE CODE ENVIORMENT and VNX OPERATING ENVIORMENT
- Non-Disruptive Upgrade (NDU)
- EMC data-in-place upgrade.
- Storage Controllers Design
- Caching on SPs. 2KB, 4KB, 8KB, 16KB
- Cache Flushing
- High watermark and Low water mark
- DISK ALLOCATION, DISK PER DAE, SAME DISK USAGE, DISK TIERING
- DRIVE PERFORMANCE using SMALL and LARGE drives
- BE and FE PORTS
- DAE ASSIGNMENT and LOOPING
- What is WWN?
- How SPs ports are designated in storage?
- Find Storage device WWN and Server WWN?
- Overview on CISCO MDS and BROCADE Fiber Channel switches
- ZONING TYPES
- WWN ZONING
- ALIAS CREATION and VERIFICATION
- ZONE CREATION and VERIFICATION
- ENABLE ZONE
- INTRO TO UNISPHERE
- UNISPHERE COMPONENTS
- STORAGE LICENSEING
- EMC Fully Automated Storage Tiering (FAST)
- FAST Cache vs. FAST VP
- RAID GROUPS CREATION, RAID PROPERTIES, RAID EXPANSION
- Disk placement in RG using CLI (getrg)
- THIN PROVISIONING, THIN LUNS,
- STORAGE POOLS CREATION
- LUN CREATION, LUN DELETION,
- Global and Proactive hot sparing
- Global hot spare drive selection algorithm (Drive Type, Size, Location)
- Finding part number of disk (get disk -tla)
- STORAGE GROUPS, MAx hosts, MAx RG, MAX LUN info.
- ACCESS LOGIX for LUN assignment
- LUN Assignment
- Unisphere Agent installation
- Creating file system in host with assigned LUN
- PowerPath installation
- CLARiiON & VNX Failover modes
- Powerpath Management , license and advantages
- Qlogic SAN_Surfer and Emulex One_Command
- LUN Trespassing
- LUN Migration features and advantages
- LUN EXPANSION (METALUN)
- Clone Private LUN (CPL) and Fracture Log
- SNAPSHOTS, RESERVE LUN POOL,
- COPY ON FIRST WRITE (COFW)
- GENERATE REPORTS
- CASE STUDY and Troubleshooting
- RESUME PREPARATION
- INTERVIEW TIPS
Where we are ?
We are on online, we offer this Netapp storage online training for people across the world. We had taught people in US, UK, London, Canada, India,singapore,netherlands , washington, Hyderabad, bangalore, malaysia and many other countries/cities